6 egg yolks
2 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream (look for carrageenan, etc. on label!)
5 T refined white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Baking pan 7×7 or 8×8 (or anything comparable)
Large skillet suitable for oven use
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Bring heavy whipping cream to a light boil over medium heat in a saucepan. Keep a close eye because it boils quickly and can burn.
3. Meanwhile combine eggs yolks, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat thoroughly until completely mixed.
4. Pour hot cream through a strainer to remove froth into mixing bowl containing yolks, sugar, vanilla.
5. Whisk all the ingredients thoroughly.
6. Pour mixture into baking pan.
7. In the large skillet, add water enough to cover the bottom.
8. Put the baking pan inside the skillet containing the water. This ensures the bottom of the custard will be cooked.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
10. Turn off oven and leave custard inside oven for 10 minutes.
11. Take out of the oven and let stand for another 10 minutes.
12. Refrigerate until cold or eat warm.
FPS coaches a 16 week nutrition course based solely on the methodology of Ray Peat, PhD. Included in the program are more tasty recipes like this one. Please click here for more information.